If you are using the people picker column in a list, watch out. You could be faced with an odd little issue.
Recently, I created a list to control the views in an InfoPath form. This list uses a people picker column that pulls the “UserName”. What I noticed was that three of the users were displaying differently. Instead of all lowercase letters, the first two letters of the username were capitalized. As it happens, one of those users was unable to see a certain view that they had access to.
I had our AD guy change the names of the users to all lowercase letters. I then ran a full AD import into SharePoint. I waited a little while, pressed CTRL+F5 on my keyboard and noticed that the name changed in the permission checking list.
I logged in as the user and was now able to see the correct view. Weird huh?
If you have published an InfoPath form to a SharePoint site, chances are that you have created a webpart page and have published it there.
We part pages are great but you lose the left navigation and it can become confusing to some users.
There is however a simple fix that will enable the left nav for your pages. You will need to open up SharePoint Designer to do this.
Open SharePoint Designer and navigate to your page
Switch to code view and scroll down until approximately line 45.
You see the following two lines.
Highlight these two lines and delete.
Save your page and that’s it!
<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId=”PlaceHolderLeftNavBar” runat=”server”></asp:Content>
<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId=”PlaceHolderNavSpacer” runat=”server”></asp:Content>
It will look similar to the image below:
Just received a message that one of my forms was not behaving properly. It seems that when someone seleted one of the option buttons in a set, more than one option would get selected. I said to myself, “This is not possible. You can only select one option at a time.”
Well, come to find out, I was right except for one minor detail. When I double clicked on one of the buttons in design mode to show me the value, I noticed that it had the same value as another option button. So whenever one was selected, both would populate and give the incorrect value. I changed the value and now all is well.
Moral of the story……make sure to triple check your values. It will cause a lot less grief down the road.